The Journey ~ challenging 9 year old....


It hasn't been an easy start of the year with Abang......
He hates studying...
It takes alot of coaxing and alot of encouragement before he starts writing....
and every work, needs to be guided.

He can do it, I know he can cos for some Maths sums, he is able to do it with no problem. 
If he was STUPID, he wouldn't be able to do his multiplication sums with ease. 
But anything unfamiliar, takes alot of guidance. 

I know I should not be comparing Abang with Adik but its unavoidable. 
Adik takes out her homework and starts doing it on her own, while all Ummi needs to do is check and correct it. 

I am trying my best to be patient with Abang....
giving praises and encouragement when its due and trying my best not to beat him.

2 days ago, while teaching Abang double digit Times, I really lost it....
cos he didn't make any effort to pay attention and even threw a tantrum. 
I should have known kan, Abang was sleepy but I forced it on him cos he was going to the chalet the whole of Saturday.... 
I hit him..I shook him, I pinched his arms. 

Needless to say, the next morning, I regretted beating Abang....
I need to learn how to control my anger and relax with him and let him grow at his own pace. 
Ummi is afraid, Abang will not do well for PSLE etc etc and Ummi tends to think far when it comes to Abang. 

Abang is always doing things that upset Ummi... always disturbing Adik, always testing Bibik and always rude to Abang....Abang is always shouting... 
Abah says the solution is to start praying, but Abang only likes to pray Magrib and not other waktus. 
Ummi feels like a broken recorder...

"Abang Solat....."
"Abang jangan kacau Adik"
"Abang stop playing the ball in the house"
"Abang! Stop it!"

Abanggggggg!!!!! Ummi feels even if I trow you in the sea, the fishes wouldnt want you.... 
well thats just my joke to you.... :)

Bila abang baik, memang baik sangat budak bertuah ni... bila abang mood nya naughty, memang lah naughty sangat....

Today, Ummi fetched Abang from the chalet, Abang got to be Ummi's Co-Pilot...
We chit chatted and rebonded again...

and I'm wondering...how long with this patience last....
You were really born to teach me patience, Abang.... 
Maybe without you, Ummi would think, that life is perfect all the time...
I love you still, Abang....

ALLAH........


Comments