The Journey ~ The one with the flying plastic chair


Whoever said Parenting is painless, smooth and enjoyable must have be totally lying....
This week, I cried and vocalize something that I never thought I would say....
I questioned the reason for having offspring who not only give me stress but also many... many days of agony.....
It been a while since I lost it....

Today, Abang not only kept his tuition and Madrasah homework till the very last minute, he also did not put in any effort upon doing them.He seemed to be in a relax mode, often talking about sleepovers at my mum and watching Tanglin, the drama when school work has not been revised at all....
How can I just be calm and relaxed?

I chased after Abang and angrily threw a chair at the bathroom door as he ran to hide in the bathroom....I must have been outta my mind!!....but I knew, that I threw it without any force....
The chair hit the bathroom door, enough to scare him much, and telling him at the same time, Ummi has hit the roof!
He cried and became stressed as well......

I feel awful...yes 'feel'..... I don't condone such parenting but I am also tired with just scolding the boy.....

My chest felt as it it was covered with  a billion white dust, that feeling when you cough chesty hard coughs......Bibik had to rub Vicks all over my chest when the whole drama was over.....

I felt bad afterwards and when picking Abang up after tuition, we stopped at a frozen yoghurt stall and I let him filled his caramel twist with anything that he wants....
He added Oreos, cookie crumbs, Milo, Nata De Coco, Gummies, Honey Stars, Coco Crunch and the whole mountain of sweetness cost me $6.50 ...

Ummi: Abang ni merepek ah...tengok tu, yoghurt dah jadi apa pun tak tau.....
Abang : Mestilah..abang kan merepek meraban boy....
and we both laughed....


But we felt happy..at least, he was smiling again and I was calmed down.....It was, a funny sight.....

Parenting...sigh......
All I can say is, It's difficult, stressful and horrendous at times, but the rewards of your child's smile is well worth it......sometimes.... : )

#ummilovesyou

Comments