The Journey... Stressed Moms



I read with a heavy heart of the news of the mum who threw her 7 year old Austistic kid out of the 9th storey window in Tampines last week.

I was affected by the news for a few days.

Her special son died from the fall, and she has been arrested and charged with Murder.

Poor lady. Who are we to judged her?
No one can understand how a mother can kill her own special needs son and the netizens have began to condemn this lady ..labelling her HEARTLESS.

Somehow, in all this, I can relate to her stress and depression. She must be Deep Deep in depression. With the lack of support from people around her, she must have snapped.

I am not saying what she has done is right, but I do hope the courts listen to her case and give her leniency as well as treatment.

It is a wake up call to people in her shoes.
Get Help. Speak OUT
Write in a Diary or a Blog.
Embrace life as it is.

Depression can be serious. I have been in depression. If not for my faith in Islam, and support from friends, family and my son's school, I do not know what would become of me. I'd probably end up in a Mental Institution.

I used to beat Abang alot, screamed like a mad woman and cry when he cannot do his homework. Now, I am happy to say that Abang puts in effort and he finally understand what school is all about.

He no longer beats and hits his friends.
Abangs passed Maths for the first time. 22/40. Alhamdullilah!!
I know, its nothing great, but it is a big acheivement for Abang who usually gets 13/40 for his Maths grades.

Motherhood is a lifetime journey.
Mothehood is not an easy path. But it is rewarding, when your effort to help your child grow is seen.

I am not blessed with easy disciplined kids. But we dont know what the future holds.
Dont look down on me because my kids are active and Loud.
You never know how Your Perfect kids will be in future.

I look forward to the challenges, but I pray to Allah to make it an easy path for me... Amiin.

Lots of love
Ummi
xoxo

Comments